Other Insurance

Other Insurance

Life has many unexpected twists and turns. To protect yourself, you probably have car and home insurance. It's important to know that not all things are covered under those policies, so you may need special policies to cover other potential liabilities. Here's an example of two types you may want to consider having in New York.


Umbrella insurance covers life's little accidents; it's there for unexpected surprises of many types. For instance, accidents in the home are covered by umbrella insurance, and it may also be able to protect you against lawsuits or the loss of your assets.

Umbrella policies offer coverage above your homeowner and boating insurance policies, so it's a good idea if you want to protect yourself even more.


Flood insurance isn't just for times when a river overflows and floods your home; it can be used if your water pipes burst or other problems cause your home to be flooded. The insurance covers you if your home needs to be rebuilt, if you need to move out during repairs, and can help you replace the items that have been damaged by flooding.

Sometimes, flood insurance is part of your home insurance policy, but if you live in a high-risk area, then you may need to take this out separately.

When you're ready to make a purchase, it's important to speak with an independent agency like Central New York Agency, which is always accessible to explain the policy you're considering while answering questions that may come up.