New York provides lush weather throughout many months of the year, but the winter time can get quite harsh. So whether you're getting out the snowmobile or pontoon, it's important that you have the right protection on each of your toys. Here's a look at various types of toy insurance available through independent insurance agents in New York.
- Motorcycle Insurance: Since riding a motorcycle can be more dangerous than driving a car, your insurance may need to cover higher medical bills and have higher liability rates. In New York, you're required to have a policy that covers $25,000 of bodily injury for one person in the accident, $50,0000 for two or more people in one accident, and $10,000 for property damage per accident. This is the minimum amount, but it doesn't cover your injuries. It's important to buy more than basic coverage for your protection.
- ATV Insurance: This type of insurance proves to be of value all year long. From four-wheeling in the summer to trekking through the stone on a four-wheeler with chains on the tires, ATV insurance protects these toys in the event that they become damaged. The most important aspect of an ATV policy to look at is its liability protection. You don't want to be caught off-road without meeting the minimum liability protection requirements.
- Boat Insurance: If you're going to go out on the water, you need to have insurance on your boat. Whether it be a pontoon or a bass boat, insurance coverage provides protection against many financial expenses. For example, if your boat sinks, you will have to pay a recovery fee. With the right insurance, though, you can rest assured that the associated expenses won't have to be paid for out of your pocket.
- Snowmobile Insurance: Used during the colder months, snowmobiles make for a great way to get back and forth to the grocery as well as for pleasure. Because your use of the snowmobile may differ from that of other snowmobile owners, you will need to make sure your individual policy meets your specific needs.
- Classic Car Insurance: Whether you drive your classic car for special occasions or as your daily commuter, they require a different kind of insurance coverage to keep them safe and protected while out on the open road. Unlike standard auto insurance, classic car insurance is needed to protect a moving piece of art. Don't get caught without the right level of protection for your classic car when you need it most out on the road.
- RV & Motor Home Insurance: When you own an RV, it most likely won't be covered under your car insurance. That means you need an RV-specific insurance policy. This policy may cover fifth wheels, popup campers, motor homes, and travel trailers. To protect your motor home, you may want to consider specialized coverage including roadside assistance or total loss replacement. You need to think about extra mileage, caring for your passengers and what to do in the event of a breakdown incident or accident when you're far away from home. Whether you travel in your RV year round or like to take a long trip each year, investing in comprehensive RV insurance is the safest way to travel.
To learn more about toy insurance, contact Central New York Agency today. Phoenix, NY toy insurance type agents can create a custom policy that meets all of your toy insurance needs.